Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Table material for CNC Router!

On 8/29/2017 12:12 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 6:28:30 AM UTC-4, robobass wrote:
I have a router with an MDF table, 700x1100x21mm. I mostly dry cut brass, and also some wood and machinable aluminum. I would like to have a table which would allow me to cut wet, which I would be doing only occasionally. I could get a slotted aluminum table easily enough, but I kind of enjoy just drilling mounting holes where I need them. The first option would be a solid piece of aluminum, but then I would need coolant to drill the mounting holes. I'm wondering if there might be some composite material out there which would be easier to drill, and also be waterproof, and perhaps a bit more durable than the MDF. Any ideas?

I've been using the white plastic "lumber" from home depot to make various fixtures, including vacuum plates for my (much smaller) mill. It works great, but I don't know if it's available in larger sizes.

It's available in sheets. Maybe not from HD, but it's out there.