Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 8/29/2017 11:16 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

You are not near old enough to have gone throught the big gas shortage
in the US. Not sure what was going on in the other parts of the world.

I really remember buying gas for just under $ 0.30 per gallon. Telling
my age of 67. It was less than that before I started driving. Some
service stations would give you things from time to time just to get you
to stop in. Then they had 'price wars' where the different companies
would lower the price to get you to their station. Nothing like that in
50 years.

Bought my first car in 1963. Cheapest I recall is 19.9 at the Merit
Station, 2 cents more across the street at the Esso. This was full
service, of course. Merit stations also sold re-refined oil too. Back
then it was common to burn a quart in less than 1000 miles.

Got married in '66 and our first dishes were from the Chevron station.
You got a dish with a fill up of 8 gallons or more.