Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 10:16:37 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Now they probably do not make that much. The gas was at one time much
profit as when the gas was about $ 0.20 a gallon or less. That was what
? around 2% more.

I'm 42 and the cheapest I remember was £1 a gallon. 2 star!

You are not near old enough to have gone throught the big gas shortage
in the US. Not sure what was going on in the other parts of the world.

I really remember buying gas for just under $ 0.30 per gallon. Telling
my age of 67. It was less than that before I started driving. Some
service stations would give you things from time to time just to get you
to stop in. Then they had 'price wars' where the different companies
would lower the price to get you to their station. Nothing like that in
50 years.

A big part of that was tax, so gas was probably 10 to 15 cents a gallon
without tax, so that extra $ .009 made a lot of extra in those years.

Now not so much as the gas is around $ 2.30 in this area now, and going
up because of the flood in Texas where many refineries are. That is
going to make a gas shortage or maybe as back in the 1970's a created
shortage so the price can go up.

When I was in college, gas at the rural stations was 22¢/gal and 35¢/gal at the big name-brand stations in town. I believe it was 1973 when the Arab Oil Embargo drove gasoline prices through the roof due to shortages. I was lucky at the time to be driving a little 4cyl car. Saudi Arabia became wealthy because we gave them our wealth to purchase cheap oil. Now The United States is on track to be the largest energy producer in the world and may be a net exporter of oil in not too many years. If all the restrictive regulations and laws get out of the way, the oil will be exported. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.navigant.com/insights/en...rket-notes-may

http://ima-net.org/eias-aeo2017-proj...in-most-cases/

[8~{} Uncle Gassy Monster