Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang

On 8/28/2017 7:47 PM, Leon wrote:
Just touching in, we have been busy watching the news and hunkering
down.Â* This has been an event.Â* While this is nothing to take lightly
there are some of us that are doing just fine.

I have personally emptied our rain gauge of 31.25" since Saturday
morning.Â* This link shows my house and Tundra from a neighbors house
just about an hour ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

So far we have no friends or relatives that have gotten any water in
their homes.Â* There is a lot of luck involved in that but before
building our home I studied the flood plane maps before choosing a lot
and even then I chose a lot on the high point of the street.

I just heard on NBC nightly news that we can expect 20+ more inches.Â* I
seriously doubt that wee will get even close to half that.Â* We have
received 6" since 10:00 last night and local forecasters expect this to
mostly be done by early tomorrow evening, at least in the immediate
Houston area.Â* The areas you are mostly seeing on the news are the south
east side of Houston.Â* That area got rain at a rate of 5" per hour.

This is a tragic event for millions of Houstonians and it will take
years to recover.Â* I have lived through events like this and it is life
changing.

Anyway,Â* thank you to all that have called and texted, I appreciate your
concerns but this time around I believe my wife and I, our relatives,
and friends have dodged the bullet.

A mile north of our neighborhood and a mile east of our neighborhood we
have been listening to air boats, yesterday and most all of today,
evacuating residents from their neighborhoods.Â* This hit close.

Leon

Thank you all for your kind and supporting words. This is only the
first 4 days of an extremely long trip to recovery. It will take
several years.

Please continue to put all in your prayers.