Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 8/29/2017 7:58 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

[snip]

I can't see anyone being fooled by that ****. If anything it looks MORE
expensive because of all the nines. To me though, I just get irritated
at having to stop and think "they mean $3."

There's a lot of things I can't see people fooled by - until I find that
most are.

BTW, the nines I write by hand don't look nearly as fat.

Like you hardly sell anything at $ .25 but you can if they are 3 for a
dollar.

People had dumb perceptions about price. I kew a guy that got in early
in the packing tape business. He could sell tape at half the price of
the 3M stuff. Sales though, were rather dismal. He raised the price to
be 15% less and sales tripled overnight. The half price stuff just
could not be good enough, but the higher priced stuff was.