Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Table material for CNC Router!

On 2017-08-29, robobass wrote:

I suppose I could use Aluminum, but it would be slow, and I'd have to
tap the holes. I like the quick and dirty method of sinking deck screws
into the MDF. Corian sounds worth trying.

For either aluminum or Corian, I think that roll taps instead of
the normal cutting taps would be the best choice. You need a precise
tap drill size (*absolutely* not the same as for cutting taps), but you
don't have to worry about chips from the tapping accumulating in the
bottom of the hole -- there *are* none.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--