Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_5_] BobH[_5_] is offline

Default Washing Machine Motors - What a Difference From Mom's Old WashingMachine

On 08/28/2017 09:25 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

I've located and identified the motor controller.Â* I don't know if I can
use it yet.Â* It appears to use 5VDC signal voltage.Â* Hook up looks
pretty straight forward.Â* But there does not appear to be a forward
reverse input in a form I am used to.Â* There is a neat cover safety
switch and ground safety.

It's not impossible that the motor controller uses some digital
communications protocol like serial, I2C or something proprietary
between the main control board and the motor control.
My washer runs the drum forward, backward, and a variety of speeds. That
could be done via direction and speed, but also could be done with
digital commands.

BobH