Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_12_] Carl Ijames[_12_] is offline

Default Washing Machine Motors - What a Difference From Mom's Old Washing Machine

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
No. It clearly says 17500. There is a huge pulley reduction between the
basket and the motor. I seem to recall that the baskets spins around 1200
RPM. Yeah, that fast.

I've located and identified the motor controller. I don't know if I can use
it yet. It appears to use 5VDC signal voltage. Hook up looks pretty
straight forward. But there does not appear to be a forward reverse input
in a form I am used to. There is a neat cover safety switch and ground
safety.

I'm going to see if the controller is a sourced part or an oem only part.
If it's a sourced part I might be able to get more information on it.

If you can get any numbers or logo off of the chip you could try posting in
either sci.electronics.design or sci.electronics.repair. Maybe someone
there could point to a data sheet or other info.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames