Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Washing Machine Motors - What a Difference From Mom's Old Washing Machine

In the first couple resources I checked guys on forums were further behind
the information curve than I am regarding this motor and controller, but its
nice to see I am not the only one who likes to junk stuff out to find out
what's re-useable. I was surprised at how many people wanted to say it was
just a paperweight though.

I'd like to get an idea what kind of horsepower it is. Can't be much.
Probably has to be spinning pretty fast to develop much too.