Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Table material for CNC Router!

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 04:42:28 -0700 (PDT), robobass
wrote:

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 12:53:43 PM UTC+2, Boris Mohar wrote:
Synthetic countertop slab?

Are you talking about presswood countertop with a plastic laminate surface? I don't think so. For one thing, the screw threads would hold for only one use. For another, the coolant would drip through the holes and seep under the laminate, creating havoc. No, that's not an option. Sorry.

I thinks Boris was talking about Corian and similar materials. The
stuff can be had quite thick and can be glued. It is quite stable,
dense, wears well, and is pretty slick. Of course water doesn't
bother it so I would imagine using water soluble coolant would be OK.
Eric