Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trumble Trumble is offline

Default Table material for CNC Router!

On 28-Aug-17 7:42 PM, robobass wrote:
On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 12:53:43 PM UTC+2, Boris Mohar wrote:
Synthetic countertop slab?

Are you talking about presswood countertop with a plastic laminate surface? I don't think so. For one thing, the screw threads would hold for only one use. For another, the coolant would drip through the holes and seep under the laminate, creating havoc. No, that's not an option. Sorry.

My guess is that Boris is referring to synthetic resin based marble
looking stuff used for kitchen counter tops.

I've a small CNC router with a table about 450mm x 450mm.
The table is made from piece of black plastic approximately 25mm thick.

I don't know what sort of plastic it is. It's quite tough, easy to drill
and tap. I don't think it's PVC - it doesn't melt when drilled fast and
it doesn't grab with a sharp drill bit like PVC.

I think the plastic had a former life as a bed of nails test jig for
electronics if that helps you track it down.