Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas craftsman model101 27430

wrote in message
On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 4:18:06 PM UTC-4, Tony Robles wrote:
replying to dcaster, Tony Robles wrote:
sacramento,have a friend going to stop by to see if he can weld it
up for me

Well I am in Delaware, so not very close. But if you do not come up
with a reasonable repair, let me know. I am not too far from a
foundry ( cat tail foundry ) and could get a replacement cast. I have
not done this before so there would be a learning curve for me. And
would not be too speedy. I think they only cast about once a month.

Dan

It would be easy to make a functional steel copy with a bandsaw to cut
the blank and a milling machine for the holes and slots. The copy
doesn't have to be a precise duplicate; the user manually adjusts gear
engagement on the quadrant by moving the studs, and the mesh to the
spindle gear by rotating and clamping the whole assembly.
-jsw