Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 4:44:09 PM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Actually, it Volts x Amps, but you failed the test.

What I meant was you can't just read amps and volts with a meter,
multiply and compute power, unless it's a purely resistive load. Motors,
switching power supplies, etc are not resistive loads.

No, I didn't test
everything ever, I tested my old stuff against the new...referenced in my
previous comments, which you read.

All the new Major Appliances do that may have a tiny efficiency improvement
(1%) is that they make stuff cheaper or a put thermostatic kill switch in.
Less mass to start moving and shuts itself completely down. At the price of
quality and longevity. And we stupidly accept the forced obsolescence as
"advancement".

Who should I believe? You or my lying eyes and the spec sheets?
I suppose cars still get about the same MPG as they did 50 years ago too.

Yep, there are more and more manufacturer's finally switching to more energy
efficient LED's (17-years late), but they weren't there until this year or
maybe just last year.

LCD TVs have been energy efficient for years. Compare a 27" LCD TV
to a 27" color tube set from the 60s. And again, the example that
started this was AC, there has been a huge improvement in AC
efficiency. I changed out my 25 year old AC a few years back, my
summer electric bills dropped nearly in half.

And what happened to LED bulbs? They started out at
100,000-hours and then got chopped by 20,000 a year to now only be good for
10,000-hours. I have CFL's that are 20,000-hours from 1998, they have already
beaten today's LED's by a long shot.

And then you proceed to give another example that totally shoot your
BS argument. Why are you using those CFLs instead of incandescents
shich were available 50, 30 years ago? You said there were no
improvements in energy efficiency.

Sorry but, I couldn't let your fractional comment just go unanswered. That was
more nuts than me. And please don't be so absurd to throw a singular Titanic
into the mix when we're talking about hundreds of millions or a whole mountain
range of landfill generated by the idiocy of the slave race known as
humanity...the dumbest species on the planet.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1142088-.htm

I have to admit, you are an example of one incredibly stupid human.