Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Actually, it Volts x Amps, but you failed the test. No, I didn't test
everything ever, I tested my old stuff against the new...referenced in my
previous comments, which you read.

All the new Major Appliances do that may have a tiny efficiency improvement
(1%) is that they make stuff cheaper or a put thermostatic kill switch in.
Less mass to start moving and shuts itself completely down. At the price of
quality and longevity. And we stupidly accept the forced obsolescence as
"advancement".

Yep, there are more and more manufacturer's finally switching to more energy
efficient LED's (17-years late), but they weren't there until this year or
maybe just last year. And what happened to LED bulbs? They started out at
100,000-hours and then got chopped by 20,000 a year to now only be good for
10,000-hours. I have CFL's that are 20,000-hours from 1998, they have already
beaten today's LED's by a long shot.

Sorry but, I couldn't let your fractional comment just go unanswered. That was
more nuts than me. And please don't be so absurd to throw a singular Titanic
into the mix when we're talking about hundreds of millions or a whole mountain
range of landfill generated by the idiocy of the slave race known as
humanity...the dumbest species on the planet.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1142088-.htm