Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas craftsman model101 27430

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:48:08 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 8/26/2017 10:18 AM, Tony Robles wrote:
I was given a craftsman 101 27430 12 in. lathe with quick change gears in
excellent shape and runs great,been learning to use the
lathe.Appreciate all
the youtube videos.As I was cutting some threads the gears started
jumping on
the Quadrant so I pulled it apart and noticed a crack on the
Quadrant.Been
trying to find a new or used quadrant on ebay an have been
unsuccessful would
appreciate any help as to where I might look.

* If it was mine I'd probably weld up the crack ... but you might not
have the equipment needed . Got any trade schools in your area that
teach welding ? Could be a class project and if they mess it up ... well
you already have one you can't use so you're really no worse off .

* --

* Snag

I agree

Gunner