Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 13:33:43 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 03:33:58 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 02:09:41 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:23:04 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

In the UK, Sky TV has an EPG through
the satellite. Freeview/Freesat has it through the aerial/satellite.
The only reason for connecting through the phoneline is to upload
viewing data, which sensible people prevent, as it's spying on us.

I know satellite TV had that. I wanted something that would work with
the local cable.

So cable is so **** that they can't even transmit an EPG through it?

The problem is getting the EPG in a format and data path that the DVR
can use. As long as you don't mind manually scheduling the recordings
that is not a problem but a good DVR will schedule things for you.
You don't even have to know when or if that show is coming. You can
just say I want all of the John Wayne movies (football, highland games
or whatever).
That can usually happen with a DVR that is bundled with your satellite
or cable box but the ones we are talking about were here long before
those companies offered one.

Sky boxes here just take the EPG from the satellite. Always have done. It would be no easier to have it come down the phone line.

You keep missing the point that you still need to get that guide into
your DVR to make it useful for recording