Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 12:14:07 PM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Assuming and Guessing, is not "sure". I've actually measured and also
calculated (watts x amps) old vs. new.

Yes, I'm sure you've been documenting that since the 60s, ROFL
And for the record, power is not just watts times amps, which
doesn't reflect power factor, which unless it's a purely resistive
load, matters. And it matters a lot for motors, switching power
supplies, etc.

And, outside of thicker insulation
items, there was no major improvement and even no improvement. In fact, Flat
Panel TV's ran at 160 to 350-watts, much worse than even projection TV's.

Pull up some specs for today's typical TVs idiot, instead of talking
about projection TVs. And compare it size for size with a tube color
TV from the 60s. A 27" TV today pulls a fraction of the electricty
that honking hot tube set did. Even large screen TVs pull less.

What
about the first DECADE of Flat Panel TV's that would blow out in 6-months and
no-one was honoring warranties?

What about the Hindenburg? Edsel?

"A fraction" of the electricity. I'm sorry, please tell the world about this
CLEARLY unknown by ALL manufacturers re-invention of the Electric Motor or
Compressor. No, Scroll Compressors aren't in much of anything, even yet, and
they don't last = more short-lived garbage.

Re-invent? No. But just like with cars that used to get 10 MPG and now
get 30 MPG, there has been significant improvement. But feel free to
believe whatever.