Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

replying to Dean Hoffman, Iggy wrote:
Well, I've had 100-year old brick and stone houses with no insulation and
they'd stay comfortable for the entire 1st day of a heat wave. My old 26" TV
(no, not tube, geez) ran at 40-watts and until , maybe, 2-years ago (tops) did
the new stuff drop below 80-watts and much more. I had an 80's Mustang and
Subaru GL that got 20+ mpg's and only a few today meet or beat them. I got
300,000 miles out of each with almost no failures and a new car can just have
computer problems for hundreds of dollars repeatedly.

Total nonsense article by an idiot that's selling ridiculous hype of LIES!
Where's the "Miracle Electric Motor or Compressor"? Sorry but, any and all
advances are in just a 10% (IF THAT) improvement. Scroll Compressor's aren't
even in much of anything and they don't last. Yes, the insulation of
refrigerators, ovens and dishwashers had some effect, but no it's nothing like
that absurd article...according to my electric bill's actual usage.

And where's the longevity, to get back to my point. Longevity's nowhere to
anything long. AND, today's crap has to be replaced in order to be cost
effective. If you can't fix it yourself, you're shelling out hundreds on a
piece of 2 to 5-year old crap that's going to break something else next month.
Don't even get me started on the front load washer jokes.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1142088-.htm