Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 02:09:41 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:23:04 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

In the UK, Sky TV has an EPG through
the satellite. Freeview/Freesat has it through the aerial/satellite.
The only reason for connecting through the phoneline is to upload
viewing data, which sensible people prevent, as it's spying on us.

I know satellite TV had that. I wanted something that would work with
the local cable.

So cable is so **** that they can't even transmit an EPG through it?

The problem is getting the EPG in a format and data path that the DVR
can use. As long as you don't mind manually scheduling the recordings
that is not a problem but a good DVR will schedule things for you.
You don't even have to know when or if that show is coming. You can
just say I want all of the John Wayne movies (football, highland games
or whatever).
That can usually happen with a DVR that is bundled with your satellite
or cable box but the ones we are talking about were here long before
those companies offered one.