Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Iggy wrote:
Yep, they seem like good deals and maybe they even turn out to be. But, your
old stuff lasted 20-years or more, was more energy efficient and you knew and
could trust that it would last. That ain't today at all. I have a 30-year old
refrigerator that's still running perfect and my brother's on his 3rd new
fridge for just the last decade. I've had many same experiences with much
older appliances still outlasting new ones.

You can even look at it as what's the better value or more environmentally
friendly, now that we're told we're the problem. While, our Masters waste and
waste and waste and make us pay for their waste. So when's it end? With your
children's grandchildren or the real WW3 or once we're locked up in our Worker
Apartment?

Why work pointless jobs until we're almost dead and be required to have saved,
at least, a million dollars to live out our diseased days? The original
question is just a symptom.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1142088-.htm