Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:08:06 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:59:46 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:46:07 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

At the time of the change. I had a DVR that connected every night by
phone. It took awhile to figure out why it stopped connecting.

Why the **** would you want your DVR to use the phone line?

If you don't have broadband, that is how you get your program guide.

Er no. It comes through the same signal as your TV programs. Satellite or aerial. What kind of antiquated **** do you have over there? In the UK we even had it through satellite in the early 90s, before digital was invented!

There is a program guide channel but it is not stored and accessible
to the DVR timer. There were simply too many formats for the
manufactures to support that.
It is clear you never had an unbundled DVR like the replay, which
predated the ones you get from cable/sat companies for over a decade,
The replay was really the best but it was so good it got sued out of
existence. There were things like automatic commercial skip and
internet show sharing that really ****ed of the broadcasters.