Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/22/2017 05:15 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

We have to pay a fee to get a service where it is that fee every month
if used or not, then $ .10 per minuit. Today I am switching to the
cable modem phone service. It is free long distance and bundling with
the internet less than the regular phone company.

I have a similar situation. The cable service cost less than half as
much (and I found a good restaurant*). The old company had poor lines
which were so noisy I had trouble hearing on calls.

[snip]

* When I first went to the cable office, someone told me that next week
they were giving out $25 coupons at a local restaurant.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The idea of the sacred is quite simply one of the most conservative
notions in any culture, because it seeks to turn other ideas
--uncertainty, progress, change -- into crimes." [Salman Rushdie]