Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/22/2017 03:43 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:36:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/22/2017 12:43 AM,
wrote:

You didn't have your Replay on broadband?

That was an old one, from 1999 which did not support broadband. I don't
use it now.

Actually 1999 was when I got my 4504 but it was the newest thing then.
I still have it and when I get a few minutes I am going to bring it
back to life. They suck as a DVR now that the guide went away (yeah I
know about the server hacks)

My router allows DNS redirection so I have it send anything meant for
*.replaytv.net to the PC running WiRNS. The Replays themselves don't
need anything special.

but it is still the easiest way to get
from AV in to video file out with DVArchive.

Yes.

The first Replay models were 200x (10-28 hour capacity). I ordered a
2001 which was replaced by the new 2020 model (20 hour).

I was still using it on cable until mid-November, using a freesco setup
(old computer, modem, phoneline simulator). It then became unusable when
the cable company dropped analog completely. The 2020 doesn't seem to
support the IR codes my cable boxes use (although I haven't tried very
much as it's better to use the later models where you can get the
digital video out).

I never had a 4xxx. I almost did but by then the 5040 & 5080 were available.

I bought several more from eBay, when "activation" was just a function
of WiRNS. I even got one for less than $10 and one that had never been
used (original HD was bad, but it's not too hard to replace).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The idea of the sacred is quite simply one of the most conservative
notions in any culture, because it seeks to turn other ideas
--uncertainty, progress, change -- into crimes." [Salman Rushdie]