Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Fred is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:12:19 +0100, Bert wrote:

Why would you need 22kW to run a house? My house averages 1kW, and peak is about 10kW.

Because well pump and air conditioning compressors have high starting current requirements?

I assumed a generator would be like an inverter in that it could handle a short burst above it's continuous load.

I try to keep my generator loaded around 50-75% capacity since that's where the voltage and frequency are the most stable. If you have a lot of motor loads, power factor while on generator is
a concern as well.