Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cordless telephones

In article om,
says...

On 8/22/2017 5:15 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

Everything is negotiable, unless it's not! ;-) ****es me off when
companies offer outrageous deals for new customers but refuse to extend
them to existing customers. When you call and ask and they deny you
that courtesy/new client rate, just ask them how long you have to go
without their service before you qualify. Typically it's something like
90 to 180 days. That's when you tell them, "Fine, cancel my service and
you can come back and pitch me a good deal to win my business back. In
the meantime, Dish, Cox, whomever is offering a super deal so I'll jump
on that for the contract time and maybe I'll just stick with them!"

That usually gets you transferred to "Retention Department" and they
have the power to cut you a deal you can't refuse.

It's all a game.

Yes, there is too much gaming in things for me. I am just not good at
negoting things. Just bought a new 2017 car and while they acted like I
got a good deal, I know I did not get as good of one as I should have.

I have a friend that is good at getting good deals and he has been
trying to train me for 30 years. This fellow buys things and is not a
mizer,but he sure can get a good deal. One friend of ours said "Bill
you are so tight you squeeze a nickle tuil the buffalo ****s".