Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cordless telephones

In article , lid says...

I have something like that now. I don't know if anyone still pays
per-minute for long distance.

BTW, I remember when you did pay for long distance, calling another
state cost less than in-state long distance (and the instate areas wore
not the same as for area codes). Until 1995 I had to pay LD charges to
call a city less than 20 miles away (in the same county).

We have to pay a fee to get a service where it is that fee every month
if used or not, then $ .10 per minuit. Today I am switching to the
cable modem phone service. It is free long distance and bundling with
the internet less than the regular phone company.

I know 2 brothers that leved next to each other seperated by a filed
about 200 feet or less across. One was in a different phone distric (or
whatever) from the the other. It was long distance for them to talk on
the phone. That was about 30 years ago. Not sure how it is now.
I am about 500 feet short of being able to get ATT service and being
able to take advantage of their and Direct TV bundling.

All this service is a pain in the rear. Today I went to check on moving
the phone to cable. The ad from Spectrum says $ 29.95 for each of
bundled together. Me, being a 15 year user of just the internet could
not get that for the $ 60 but had to pay $ 70 for it. It was going to
be more, but I told them I was not going to pay the higher price.