Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/22/2017 12:43 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 00:09:28 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/21/2017 12:35 PM,
wrote:

[snip]

Depending on how the overlay is implemented, you may be able to keep
dialing 7 digits or you may need 10.

Here, if you dial 7 digits you get a "Your call cannot be completed as
dialed" recording.

At the time of the change. I had a DVR that connected every night by
phone. It took awhile to figure out why it stopped connecting.

You didn't have your Replay on broadband?

That was an old one, from 1999 which did not support broadband. I don't
use it now.

Also, here broadband was not available until 2006.

BTW, I have cable phone which does not have extra long distance charges
for anywhere in the US. However, it still seems to maintain the old
"long distance" idea by requiring you to dial 1 before long distance calls.

My landline package has free LD and the whole suite of connection
options (forwarding, conferencing, voice mail and a bunch of other
stuff I never use) It is $11 a month, bundled with the DSL and
satellite.

I have something like that now. I don't know if anyone still pays
per-minute for long distance.

BTW, I remember when you did pay for long distance, calling another
state cost less than in-state long distance (and the instate areas wore
not the same as for area codes). Until 1995 I had to pay LD charges to
call a city less than 20 miles away (in the same county).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To Believe without evidence and demonstration is an act of ignorance
and folly." [Volney]