Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT How did your eclipse go?

Ignoramus22488 wrote:

I picked up my 11 year old from school 20 minutes before the top of
the eclipse. We drove home and watched using shade 10 Omni-View
welding lenses with gold colored tint.

I went in to work late, so I could watch it from home. It was quite cool.
(Weather was in fact quite HOT in St. Louis.) A good friend came by and set
up a pinhole camera and took time-lapse video of it. I had a couple welding
hoods, and he brought some, too. The totality was WAY too short to see all
I wanted to see, but I did kind of see the corona. Well, one item down off
my bucket list. 2 of our kids happened to be available to see it, too.

Jon