Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 03:25:18 +0100, Unquestionably Confused

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:02:01 +0100, Unquestionably Confused

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:43:37 +0100, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

[snip]

Your phone number pretty much becomes YOUR property once you get it.* I
used to have Cellular One (which morphed into AT&T) and then
switched to
Sprint and now to Verizon Wireless and have retained the same number
across carriers.* I'm told that I can take that number to a landline
and
vice versa but I have neither tried it nor confirmed it.

I gather you have a different system to us for car registration plates
too.* The plate belongs to the driver?* Here, it belongs to the car.

Yes and no.

Plates are assigned by the various states and territories and each does
it their own way.* My state assigns plates to the individual who, in
turn, registers their usage on the vehicle owned at the time.* Other
states follow the UK and issue them to the car and when the car is
transferred to a new owner, so are the plates.

So when someone moves state, then what?

New state, new plates and title from that state.