Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/21/2017 12:35 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Depending on how the overlay is implemented, you may be able to keep
dialing 7 digits or you may need 10.

Here, if you dial 7 digits you get a "Your call cannot be completed as
dialed" recording.

At the time of the change. I had a DVR that connected every night by
phone. It took awhile to figure out why it stopped connecting.

BTW, I have cable phone which does not have extra long distance charges
for anywhere in the US. However, it still seems to maintain the old
"long distance" idea by requiring you to dial 1 before long distance calls.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To Believe without evidence and demonstration is an act of ignorance
and folly." [Volney]