Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hammer drills - corded

I wish mine were a three mode of operation like this one.
I drill and hammer drill. Wish I had hammer to put in scoops
to dig out compacted dirt when doing work in basements and decks.
Martin

On 8/13/2017 1:46 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/13/2017 2:07 PM, tdacon wrote:
I need to buy a hammer drill to fasten a ledger board to a foundation
for a deck. What do you guys like in hammer drills (corded only)?

Thanks,
Tom

I've been using a Bosch 'Bulldog' SDS-Plus for a long time and have
found it quite reliable and usable. It seems to be popular among many
users and quite often when you see someone using a hammer-drill on a TV
show that is what it will be. But, if you are wanting it for one job and
have never needed one before, maybe you don't really need one. I realize
that this will come off as heresy to some but you don't really need to
own _every_ tool in existence. If it is a one-time job and you don't
have any future plans for using it again, maybe you can just rent one
for an afternoon. Keep mind, SDS bits are on the pricey side to buy so
you need to be selective about what you get.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-7-5...5VSR/202080348