Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] cleric626@gmail.com is offline

Default I need the load max On a I-Beam that would fit in a 4 foot long gap

I need a smaller I-Beam in the basement of my house. The I-Beam would go where supporting joists are currently. Reason for this = if it works it will give me the allowable head room to redo my stairs. The thickest/ tallest I could allow would be 4 inches vertically and up to 2 feet 2 inches wide. This would then be a part of a load bearing wall. So I need to know how much weight that this possible I-Beam could hold. Any help is wonderfully taken into account and thank you so much in advance.