Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 10:25:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 07:42:58 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
Uncle Monster wrote:

Hum, my brother has 200mbs Internet service(300mbs is available) from Charter/Spectrum Cable. At home, I have 60mbs from the same provider. The hospital I use has extremely fast Internet service. I think I measured 100mbs the last time I connected to the hospital WiFi during the day. Here at the center I've measured 60mbs at night. Me and my brother have never had our Charter/Spectrum Cable Internet go out that I can recall. The modems are plugged into backup power supplies along with our computers so everything stays up even when the power blinks.?(?)?

How fast is it when the cable is down? That is my problem with Comcast
here. The internet goes down at my FILs house about once a day. My
wife pays extra for a Comcast Commercial account and their performance
is not much better. My Telco based DSL is up pretty much 100% of the
time. When it does blink, it is just that a very short blip. Comcast
can be down days at a time, particularly after a storm.
Century link is underground. Comcast is up on poles.

It hasn't been down very much and I don't remember the last time I lost Internet service at my home. Back in January of 2015, the last time I was home, the power was out in my neighborhood for 6 hours. I have a number of UPS units rated from 350va to 1kw on my computer and network gear and I never lost Internet service. I shut everything down except for the LED desk lamps which were plugged into 500va UPS units and the lamps kept the house safely lit during the power outage. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

Here at the center the Internet was out for a while until rolled down to the administrator's office and told them how to power cycle the network equipment to get the system back up. It went down because of a power blink. There are generators here at the center if the power goes out but they need a UPS on the computer network equipment. I know you have a lot of storms down there in the peninsula but we have them too up here in the hills. Perhaps the storms here aren't as severe as those down there between the Atlantic and The Gulf?ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Glitch Monster