Posted to alt.home.repair
Woody[_14_] Woody[_14_] is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/20/2017 11:25 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 07:42:58 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Hum, my brother has 200mbs Internet service(300mbs is available) from Charter/Spectrum Cable. At home, I have 60mbs from the same provider. The hospital I use has extremely fast Internet service. I think I measured 100mbs the last time I connected to the hospital WiFi during the day. Here at the center I've measured 60mbs at night. Me and my brother have never had our Charter/Spectrum Cable Internet go out that I can recall. The modems are plugged into backup power supplies along with our computers so everything stays up even when the power blinks.?(?)?

How fast is it when the cable is down? That is my problem with Comcast
here. The internet goes down at my FILs house about once a day. My
wife pays extra for a Comcast Commercial account and their performance
is not much better. My Telco based DSL is up pretty much 100% of the
time. When it does blink, it is just that a very short blip. Comcast
can be down days at a time, particularly after a storm.
Century link is underground. Comcast is up on poles.

Yah, every time thunder-bumpers pass thru the area, some tree-hugger's half-dead Maple tree drops a huge limb that takes out power/telephone/cable tv. In my opinion, every tree within tipping distance of a power or telecom line should be cut
down and the cost of removal added to the owners property taxes. Makes me wonder what kind of ****ing idiot would plant a tree under a power line?