Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

Default Jennifer, bending over in a miniskirt, asks about "Copperdifficult to o weld?"

On 8/18/2017 10:50 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke"Â* wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb.Â* Now it's not
working again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and
because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,.Â* He
suggested us to
change to whole coil.Â* What does it mean?

Literally?Â* It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

At the temperatures used for welding, copper would melt.Â* Brazing is
used, and soldering.

I have never heard of a Freiburg leak, and neither has Google. Google
doesn't say what "whole coil" means, either.Â* It may be a newer
technology.Â* I doubt if it could be retrofitted to the fridge
economically.Â* I agree that a new fridge would be the answer.

[My 1980's model car still has CFC air conditioning.Â* CFC can be put
back IF it is available.Â* A changeover would mean a whole new unit,
not worthwhile on such an old auto.]

Doug.

Â* But you're wrong Doug . They do make kits to convert R12 systems over
to R134a . Includes a flush to clean all the old compressor oil out of
the system , new receiver/dryer , orifice tube , PAG oil and the
refrigerant .

Â* --

Â* Snag