Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Copper difficult to o weld?

Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again.
The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1141468-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:44:06 GMT, Jennifer
m wrote:

Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again.
The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

You don't "weld" copper - you braze it - and it is pretty simple.
You can also solder copper - which is a lot easier - but is not
recommended (or possibly even allowed) for refrigeration lines.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

Default Jennifer, bending over in a miniskirt, asks about "Copper difficult to o weld?"

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:44:10 AM UTC-4, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again.
The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1141468-.htm

It probably means it's time to buy a new refrigerator, assuming it's just a
typical fridge that's $1000 or so. Again, a lot of missing information,
like how old, how much, etc. It sounds like he's saying that for some
reason the brazing in of the new compressor is leaking because of the
copper tubing. I don't understand that, I thought any parts of anything
that needed to be brazed were always copper and still are. When an
average fridge needs a new compressor, unless it's under warranty,
it's probably time for a new fridge. If it's 20 years old, it's a no
brainer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/18/2017 05:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

You have to watch those leaks. Freiburg is very dangerous and will kill
your pets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2017 7:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Never heard of a Freiburg leak. What does it mean? It means you will
pay a lot of money for a half ass repair by an incompetent tech.

Copper repairs are some of the easiest to do. Years ago i was the
supervisor of a department that made heating and cooling coils of many
types and we did thousands of joints a day, all copper as it is so
simple to work with and does the job well.

Cut you losses and look for a new fridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:26:04 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Never heard of a Freiburg leak. What does it mean? It means you will
pay a lot of money for a half ass repair by an incompetent tech.

Autocorrect, she meant Freon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlA1QHYReHI

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 8/18/2017 6:33 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

You can't enter into any agreement whatsoever.
Which part of whatsoever is confusing?
LOL

you mean on the leak? it is confusing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

At the temperatures used for welding, copper would melt. Brazing is
used, and soldering.

I have never heard of a Freiburg leak, and neither has Google. Google
doesn't say what "whole coil" means, either. It may be a newer
technology. I doubt if it could be retrofitted to the fridge
economically. I agree that a new fridge would be the answer.

[My 1980's model car still has CFC air conditioning. CFC can be put
back IF it is available. A changeover would mean a whole new unit, not
worthwhile on such an old auto.]

Doug.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

"Doug Laidlaw" wrote in message news
On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

[...]

ok that seems good thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/18/2017 07:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to replace the compressor?

And how much will it cost to replace the coil?

How old is the refrigerator?

How much did the refrigerator cost new?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2017 12:08 PM, David wrote:
At the temperatures used for welding, copper would melt.

Well Duh! The definition of welding IS melting the base metals together.

--
Este correo electrónico ha sido revisado para detectar virus por el software antivirus Avast.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 8/18/2017 8:47 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 6:33 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

You can't enter into any agreement whatsoever.
Which part of whatsoever is confusing?
LOL

you mean on the leak? it is confusing.

Yer brain is leaky.

thanks, I appreciate it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jennifer posted for all of us...

Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again.
The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1141468-.htm

We need more details as others have stated.

The tech could have caused this problem while replacing the compressor.
Copper is easy to braze (weld) - even I can do it. I suspect the tech does
not want to do the job. Query him why this happened. I am suspicious... Is
this repair being done by a 'home warranty' co?

The choices you have revolve around how old the unit is, what is really the
problem, how much is cost of repair vs a new refrigerator?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:28:28 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Jennifer posted for all of us...

Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working again.
The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1141468-.htm

We need more details as others have stated.

The tech could have caused this problem while replacing the compressor.
Copper is easy to braze (weld) - even I can do it. I suspect the tech does
not want to do the job. Query him why this happened. I am suspicious... Is
this repair being done by a 'home warranty' co?

The choices you have revolve around how old the unit is, what is really the
problem, how much is cost of repair vs a new refrigerator?

Brazing isn't welding. It is "hard soldering". You CAN brass weld
coPper, but it is not commonly done."Brass welding" or "braze welding"
involves melting the copper/brass base metal and adding filler rod
like in welding steel. Brazing, or hard soldering, melts the spelter
ONTO the joint - it does not melt it INTO the joint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/18/2017 08:47 AM, TimR wrote:
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:26:04 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Never heard of a Freiburg leak. What does it mean? It means you will
pay a lot of money for a half ass repair by an incompetent tech.

Autocorrect, she meant Freon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlA1QHYReHI

That one grand autocorrect -- the two words aren't even phonetically
similar.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 8/18/2017 8:50 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

[...]

Doug, these wannabe handydudes don't know **** from Shinola.
LOL

it would have newer technology

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 8/18/2017 12:20 PM, David wrote:

[...]

Like I appreciate Jennifer in a micro minnie, black stiletto heels, with a
lolly stuck in her gob.
Now that really tinkles my doorbell, son.

got compressor. hi. I have a buger on my fema that's not mine. probably not
a germ here. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression
% % is offline

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke"Â* wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 8:47 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke"Â* wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 6:33 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke"Â* wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb.Â* Now it's not
working again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and
because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,.Â* He
suggested us to
change to whole coil.Â* What does it mean?

Literally?Â* It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

You can't enter into any agreement whatsoever.
Which part of whatsoever is confusing?
LOL

you mean on the leak? it is confusing.

Yer brain is leaky.

thanks, I appreciate it.

Like I appreciate Jennifer in a micro minnie, black stiletto heels, with
a lolly stuck in her gob.
Now that really tinkles my doorbell, son.

how freakin 60's can you get

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I appreciate the education.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.war.vietnam,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 05:54:32 -0700, LO AND BEHOLD; ""Colonel Edmund J.
Burke" " determined that the following was
of great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us
in :

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He
suggested us to change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch. LOL

maybe the nice man can vaporise her copper coil with a welder instead of soldering it, then?

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last ****ing mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID:

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Putting the Awards Out of Order to Screw With the OCD ****heads, March 2016

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression

On 8/18/2017 10:50 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke"Â* wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb.Â* Now it's not
working again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and
because the original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,.Â* He
suggested us to
change to whole coil.Â* What does it mean?

Literally?Â* It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

At the temperatures used for welding, copper would melt.Â* Brazing is
used, and soldering.

I have never heard of a Freiburg leak, and neither has Google. Google
doesn't say what "whole coil" means, either.Â* It may be a newer
technology.Â* I doubt if it could be retrofitted to the fridge
economically.Â* I agree that a new fridge would be the answer.

[My 1980's model car still has CFC air conditioning.Â* CFC can be put
back IF it is available.Â* A changeover would mean a whole new unit,
not worthwhile on such an old auto.]

Doug.

Â* But you're wrong Doug . They do make kits to convert R12 systems over
to R134a . Includes a flush to clean all the old compressor oil out of
the system , new receiver/dryer , orifice tube , PAG oil and the
refrigerant .

Â* --

Â* Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

[...]

Agree. Not sure what that has to do with the ladies fridge, but I had
my 1980 MB 300SD converted to 134a a long time ago. Not sure if it
made sense now or not. At the time R12 was going through the roof
and I needed work done anyway. After that it went back down in price
for awhile at least and was still available. Not sure what's going
on today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

[...]

Â* For all intents and purposes R12 is unavailable now in the USA . R22
is still out there , but very expensive . I'm not sure about any of the
refrigerant gasses newer than 134a but it is still available at most
auto parts places - and of course Walmart .

Â* --

Â*Snag