Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:42:32 +0100, Unquestionably Confused

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:29:25 +0100, Unquestionably Confused

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 03:04:51 +0100, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

[snip]

[snip]

Strange that people would throw away the phone rather than just th sim
card.

Perhaps you've not noticed: There are a lot of strange people out there.

call time is generally unlimited and there are no
long distance charges.

I pay £5 a month for unlimited texts and 4 hours of calls a month and
some data (not sure how much, I never use it).
I could pay £8 a month to make that 16 hours, and so on.

Unlimited call time, unlimited long distance, unlimited texting. Just
about all the current plans are data based start out with a GB or two
and go from there.

Whether or not the law has been repealed (no telemarketing calls) or
not, we find them on the rise to the tune of 3, sometimes 4, per day on
each line.* We gave up our landline several years ago.* It's a PITA, but
now that I'm retired I have to admit taking a certain amount of pleasure
out of f**king with the morons that call.

That's all very well, but I kept getting woken up by them calling.* I
don't mind taking the **** out of them if I'm not busy, but when I'm
asleep it really ****es me off.

Thus far, the idiots haven't been calling beyond 8:00PM or so. Never
been awakened by a call. That said, if/when it becomes a problem, most
phones can be programmed to silence during set hours BUT allow select
callers (typically family, employer) in your contacts to ring through
regardless of the time of day or night.