Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 03:04:51 +0100, Ed Pawlowski

I don't get any since I disconnected my phone. They never call
mobiles. Too expensive?

Used to be against the law but not sure if it still is. We do get
calls at time, but not as much as the landline.

I'm in the UK, so the law will be different. But why would it be
against the law to call a mobile to sell something, but not a
landline?

Back in the day, we in the US had to pay a per minute charge regardless
of who initiated the call. It was decided, rightly so IMO, that we
should not allow telemarketers to force us to incur those charges
without our consent.

Think of it this way. In UK there is a charge of 30 pence every time
your doorbell is used. Do you want to pay that every time some
uninvited peddler rings your bell selling something that you have no
interest in?