Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.suicide.methods,alt.support.depression
David David is offline

Default Jennifer, bending over in a miniskirt, asks about "Copper difficult to o weld?"

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message ...

On 8/18/2017 8:50 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 18/08/17 23:33, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/18/2017 4:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Literally? It means it's time to buy a new refer, ya cheap bitch.
LOL

that's what I'll do

At the temperatures used for welding, copper would melt. Brazing is used,
and soldering.

I have never heard of a Freiburg leak, and neither has Google. Google
doesn't say what "whole coil" means, either. It may be a newer
technology. I doubt if it could be retrofitted to the fridge
economically. I agree that a new fridge would be the answer.

[My 1980's model car still has CFC air conditioning. CFC can be put back
IF it is available. A changeover would mean a whole new unit, not
worthwhile on such an old auto.]

Doug.

Doug, these wannabe handydudes don't know **** from Shinola.
LOL