Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Drywall 9' walls

replying to clare, Iggy wrote:
Yes, I'm saying a DIYer doing Vertical can and does beat DuraBond and ANY
Horizontal "Master" or otherwise with pre-mixed and right out of an
un-re-mixed bucket...EVERYTIME. I've done it repeatedly in end-result and
actual time spent doing the job. I alone have matched 2-man crews a dozen
times and then kicked and punched both of our seams, to show them their crap
work.

I agree that your and Johann's completely unnecessary efforts and products can
match the "look" of Vertical, but you don't have fire-tight full-depth seams.
AND, you too don't fill-in the floor bevel that you CREATED and just happily
screw the person doing the baseboards, to finish your work before they can
even start theirs. Wonderful.

"Master", really? Flexible seams (once the DuraBond's overcome), Humps (in
longer than panel walls), doesn't finish the job (floor bevel), must rely on
specialty products (instead of structure) and plays with people's lives by
significantly reducing fire protection (the only reason drywall's used)? Oh
yeah AND, screw the painter too. Those ceiling corners can't be cut-in with a
roller, because they're almost always less than 90-degrees rather than more.

I DON'T ****-off the Carpenter, Electrician and Painter with my work and
actually receive compliments for how easy their work was and how they had the
time to get their work perfect, because everything was solid and flat and
beveled the right way in the corners. Please reconsider your Vertical
Years...only then were you any good.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ls-426583-.htm