Posted to rec.woodworking

Default GE Silicone II failure

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:41:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 1:31:06 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
I just checked the seal between polycarbonate and wood on a frame, and the GE Silicone II I put on there is peeling off and not keeping out water. Anyone else have this problem with this product? Is there something else you recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

A good answer will require good information. Is the wood painted/primed? Is it siding, OSB, plywood, framing material, etc.?

Is it continuously wet? Is this an interior or exterior application? Is it both?

Did you get your surfaces prepped perfectly clean before sealing?

"My caulk isn't sticking" is too vague.

Robert

and where is it not sticking, the wood or the polycarbonate??
Silicone doesn't stick to policarbonate very well.Particularly if it
is not PERFECTLY clean.