Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Drywall 9' walls

replying to clare, Iggy wrote:
Yep, I somewhat agree. However, that's why I came up with The List and
purposely didn't even address your "proper installation". Because, now you're
talking about specialty products and much more difficult practices being
NEEDED to rather poorly try to match Vertical's performance on every level.
And still, you're left with Butt Humps instead of flat walls. I even see
"pros" using Butt-Boards to seam between studs (floating hack-work). Absurdly
ridiculous!

I realize I may not bring you over from the dark side. But, why fix and patch
shoddy work with more steps and specialty products when you can just do it
simple, right and quick the first time with basic off-the-shelf products that
are available everywhere? Again, a 90% un-backed seam will never compare to
100% backed seam. Even in fire tests, you'll immediately notice the tape and
mud goes almost immediately and is non-existent anywhere at the end of the
fire test. I think you should give Vertical a try next time around.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ls-426583-.htm