Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Copper difficult to o weld?

On 8/18/2017 7:44 AM, Jennifer wrote:
Our refrigerator got compressor replaced in Feb. Now it's not working
again. The technician now says there is Freiburg leak and because the
original
refrigerator had copper tubing, it's difficult to weld,. He suggested
us to
change to whole coil. What does it mean?

Never heard of a Freiburg leak. What does it mean? It means you will
pay a lot of money for a half ass repair by an incompetent tech.

Copper repairs are some of the easiest to do. Years ago i was the
supervisor of a department that made heating and cooling coils of many
types and we did thousands of joints a day, all copper as it is so
simple to work with and does the job well.

Cut you losses and look for a new fridge.