Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Drywall 9' walls

replying to clare, Iggy wrote:
Very simply, the seams aren't air-tight and therefore not fire-tight. As
proven by the nightly news (see YouTube). Story upon story of this building
and that home burned down to the ground in less than 30-minutes...what
drywall's rated for and easily capable of retaining a fire for. But, even the
ASTM won't correct its decades-old error in The Code...I've tried for almost
15-years. If you haven't seen my posted-today list, Vertical Installation is
so good that it's not required to be taped and mudded and is at its full level
of fire protection upon installation.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ls-426583-.htm