Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default New circular saw

On 8/16/2017 4:27 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 8/15/2017 6:02 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 18:19:17 -0500, -MIKE- mike@mikedrum

[snip]

There's a lot more to the sorting by reviews than just the reviews.
You could have a dozen widgets with the exact same reviews and they'll
get sorted a certain way for various reasons.
Amazon is a bit tricky that way.

I always take the reviews with a big grain of salt -
- the Chevy Vega was MotorTrend Car-Of-The-Year for 1971 -
.. yep I owned one ..

I owned one, too. It was a nice little car with one big problem. The
aluminum block and steel head would heat and therefore expand unevenly,
resulting in blown head gaskets. The good news was that changing a head
gasket was pretty easy. The second time I had to do it took about a
half hour start to finish, and I'm no mechanic. The third time it
happened I put in a new block with steel cylinder sleeves.

And thus the guy who just said:

"I thought this thread was about the availability of worm drive Skil
circular saws. I'm not getting sucked into a discussion of the merits
of various methods for assessing the value of Amazon customer reviews."

Contributes to two off topic posts! ;-)