Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default When The Grid Goes Down: 15 Tips to Get Home Safely Following an EMP Attack

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 17:24:09 -0700, Winston Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:34:05 -0500, Red Prepper wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:11:37 -0700, Winston Smith wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:35:48 -0500, Red Prepper wrote:

You are posting in a survival related thread. Do you have anything
on-topic to report, or are you just here trolling for gay sex

again?

It was you who moved the thread from grid down to Ed.

Enlighten us what Ed's real or imagined sex life has to do with our
response to grid down.

I'm sorry, you will have to take up sex with Ed himself.

I don't care about Ed's sex life. I'm asking you what YOU think it has
to do with surviving a grid down.

I am totally uninterested and would rather

Why did you bring it up then?

Hey, Winston, you're going to be ****ed at me for saying this, but I
have learned some interesting things since I decided a couple of weeks
ago to load all of those NGs that are part of these cross-posts into
my newsreader for a look-see. What you're addressing here is part of
it.

I used to think the real weirdos, the trolls, and the sock puppets and
nym-shifters were coming into RCM from all over -- from the gun
groups, and the political groups, and so on. Gunner, then Cliff, then
TMT, and now Keller cross-posted all over the place.

But they're not coming from all over. All of them, or nearly all of
them, are coming from the survivalist groups.

What a couple of freak shows, especially misc.survivalism. Half of
those people are bat**** crazy. Most of the rest, like Red Prepper,
are juvenile delinquents.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what you find enjoyable about
that environment. Looking at what's happened to RCM, I'm convinced
that the damage that's been done is nearly all attributable to freaks
from those groups, who engage via cross-posting. They're tribal as
hell and they support each other in their nuttiness.

You may have caught this example from Pox today:

I posted the reply from Weatherby.
No longer on net..Some asshhole
removed it. You would do anything to denigrate others..

So Pox is saying that I somehow removed his post -- which he clearly
never made. Apparently he thinks I've stolen his passwords, or that
I'm in charge of what stays on the NG and what gets removed. The dude
is seriously unhinged. No one said a word.

Emotional and psychological disturbances rarely appear as
singularities; one tends to produce others, in behavioral clusters,
which is part of what makes psychology so hard. If you could pack up
those NGs and send them off to a big university psych department, you
could keep the grad students in term paper subject matter for years.

But thanks for speaking up. It's good to see that there has the sanity
and character to say something.

--
Ed Huntress