Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New circular saw

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:42:07 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 5:46:17 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
I bought a Black and Decker 7 1/4" circular saw a few months ago and loved it.

Last Friday I was breaking down some 2" Southern Yellow Pine (with the required 12' rips) and it started blowing smoke, vast quantities of smoke, out the motor vents, with the melodic sound of bearings going south.

Did a bit of research and the DeWalt 575 was the first or second on everyone's list. It should be in today and we will see if it lives up to its billing.

People seem to really like that saw. I bought a Milwaukee 6390 years back when they were on sale at Sears. I just used it this afternoon. It's on the heavy side, but it's never disappointed me for power.

I've got a 1958 worm drive skill, an 8 inch Milwaukee, and a 7 1/2
1nch Rockwell. I think they are all old enough to vote and drink -
just like my truck - - -