Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:10:44 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/15/2017 11:04 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

[span]

Speaking of spammers, the Panasonic models have a memory for spam
numbers. When you get a call, (you need caller ID) and you determine
it's a spammer, you then put the numbers in the spam memory. Future
calls from that number are then blocked.

I have one of those, and the number blocking does help reduce calls (and
if I couldn't have caller ID, I'd have to never answer the phone).

For awhile I could really have used blocking by NAME. When every day
there were a dozen of more junk calls from different numbers, but all
with the name of "TOLL FREE CALL". Now it's "Out Of Area" (an obvious
lie, since a number IS provided).

My OOMA system traps a whole lot of spam, but not nearly all