Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default New circular saw

On 8/15/17 5:40 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 2017-08-15, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Skil no longer makes the worm-drive saws).

You may be wrong:
https://www.skilsaw.com/saws#17696

Doesn't even show up on www.skiltools.com. Confusing indeed.

I get this this great big banner, alternating with a banner for
their homeowner circular saw line. Right on the main page.
http://i.imgur.com/LYORA7j.jpg

If you go on amazon.com, search for 7 1/4" circular saws, and sort on
customer reviews, the top 12 saws are all Skil, Dewalt, and Makita. No.
10 is a worm drive Skil.
https://www.amazon.com/SKILSAW-SPT77...in%3A387625011

There's a lot more to the sorting by reviews than just the reviews.
You could have a dozen widgets with the exact same reviews and they'll
get sorted a certain way for various reasons.
Amazon is a bit tricky that way.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)