Stormin Mormon

Default How to screw in a light bulb.

Is dielectric grease now available in caulk tubes? Or was that Noalox?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
My concern would be that the bulb may not be making good contact with the
lamp socket. If the connection is loose, excessive heat will be generated
and cause more damage then from overtightening.

"Joe" wrote in message
How many people screw in a light bulb by turning off the light, screwing

in
the bulb in tight and turning on the light?

This, according to my electrician, is the wrong way.

Apparently, the correct way to screw in a light bulb is to keep power to

the
socket on and screw the light only until it lights up. This prevents the
contact in the base of the socket from getting crushed which makes it

harder
to get contact with each subsequent bulb.

Joe